This nutritious Spicy Vegetable Curry is a great way to get your fill of healthy vegetables.
This nutritious Spicy Vegetable Curry is a great way to get your fill of healthy vegetables can be easily frozen for convenient meals in the coming weeks.
1 small swede
1 dessert apple
2 sticks celery
250g cauliflower florets
1 large potato
1/4 green capsicum
1 small onion
3 teaspoons curry paste
25g plain flour
150ml vegetable stock
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 bay leaf
2 tablespoons sultanas
125g natural yoghurt
2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Peel, slice and dice vegetables and apple to your preferred size. The larger they are, the longer they’ll take to cook.
2. In a large pan, heat the oil and sauté all the vegetables and the apple.
3. Stir in the curry paste and flour and cook for three minutes, stirring continuously.
4. Stir in the stock and bring to the boil.
5. Add the lemon juice, sultanas and bay leaf. Cover and simmer for about 30 minutes.
6. Stir in the yoghurt, warm through and serve with brown rice and naan bread
*If you're planning to freeze, don't add the yoghurt until you are ready to serve.
Join YOURLifeChoices, it’s free
- Receive our daily enewsletter
- Enter competitions
- Comment on articles