This delicious stir-fry uses all the vegetables that are just coming into season.
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, cut into thin strips
- 2 sticks celery, cut into fine strips
- 2 capsicums (any colour) sliced
- 8 mushrooms (preferably shiitake) sliced
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 cup snow peas
- 2 cups Chinese cabbage, shredded
- 1 bunch bok choy, trimmed
- 1 cup fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
Heat the olive oil in a large wok and, over high heat, sweat the onion, garlic and ginger. Add all the vegies (not bok choy or spring onions) and stir-fry with a little water to ‘steam’ the vegies for about a minute. Add the sauces and sesame oil, stir and turn off the heat. Throw in the bok choy and cover the wok to allow the greens to wilt for about a minute. Garnish with spring onions and coriander and serve on noodles.
For a heartier dish, you can add beef or chicken at the same time as the onions.