Start your week right with this healthy Sweet Chilli and Chicken Noodle Salad.
Start your week right with this healthy Sweet Chilli and Chicken Noodle Salad. The combination of tender chicken, fresh vegetables and tasty herbs is delicious and will prove a hit with your family.
Time: 20 minutes
- 125g chicken breast, shredded
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, cut into sticks
- 1 carrot, cut into sticks
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 125g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 125g vermicelli rice noodles
- 125g snow peas
- 1/4 cup coriander
- 1/4 cup thai basil leaves
- 1/2 large chilli, deseeded and finely diced
- 1/2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/8 cup lime juice
Place noodles into a large saucepan of boiling water and simmer for four minutes, until softened. Drain noodles, rinse with cold water and drain again and then set aside. To make the sweet chilli dressing: place the chilli, garlic, brown sugar, fish sauce and lime juice into a food processor and purée until smooth. Place noodles, chicken, cucumbers, carrots, tomatoes, snow pea sprouts and herbs into a large bowl. Add the spicy dressing and toss to combine. Divide between two bowls and serve immediately.
Join YOURLifeChoices, it’s free
- Receive our daily enewsletter
- Enter competitions
- Comment on articles