Our Tangy Chicken and Rice Salad is an easy meal to prepare in advance.
This Tangy Chicken and Rice Salad is hearty enough to be a meal on its own. It’s also a great way to use up that leftover roast chicken.
Time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, deseeded diced
- 1 stick celery diced
- 2 shallots finely sliced
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 2 tablespoons sultanas
- 1/2 cup almonds toasted roughly chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup plain yoghurt
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove small grated
- 1/3 cup fresh dill chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint chopped
Cook rice as per packet instructions using the absorption method. Turn off the heat and leave to rest for 10 minutes.
Mix together all ingredients for the dressing in a large bowl. Add warm rice and stir through. Allow the rice to cool completely.
Just prior to serving, stir through chopped vegetables, chicken, raisins and almonds.
Join YOURLifeChoices, it’s free
- Receive our daily enewsletter
- Enter competitions
- Comment on articles