This Thai Pumpkin Salad is simple to make, and can be prepared ahead of time
This Thai Pumpkin Salad is simple to make, and can be prepared ahead of time so you can avoid rushing around at the last minute to get dinner on the table.
- 1/4 pumpkin, sliced
- 500g baby spinach, washed
- 1 red capsicum, julienned
- 1/2 bag bean shoots
- 150 grams cashews, toasted
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1/2 stalk lemongrass, crushed and finely sliced
- 1 large red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 Kaffir lime leaf, julienned
- 4 drops Thai fish sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon palm sugar, grated (can be replaced by standard white sugar)
Combine all the dressing ingredients in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Turn off and leave to cool.
Brush the pumpkin slices with oil and roast for 15 minutes at 180°C. Set cooked pumpkin to one side.
When you are ready to assemble the salad, place the spinach on a serving platter. Scatter the capsicum, bean shoots and pumpkin over the spinach and drizzle with dressing. Decorate with the cashews and serve.
If you have any questions about this recipe, you can email Lisa with your query.
Or visit the Beatty Avenue Post Office & General Store, 15 Beatty Avenue Armadale Victoria, to try Lisa’s cooking for yourself.
Join YOURLifeChoices, it’s free
- Receive our daily enewsletter
- Enter competitions
- Comment on articles