Our Ultimate Green Sandwich is a great way to get your daily fill of veggies by lunchtime.
This sandwich is healthy and versatile because you can use whichever veggie combination you like. Add some herbed goat cheese and homemade dressing to the mix and you have yourself a healthy sandwich that is not only good for you, but also tops in flavour.
Serves: Two sandwiches
Time: 10 minutes
- 4 large slices whole grain bread
- 30g goat cheese
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 small red or green capsicum
- a few thin slices of red onion
- 1/4 cup alfalfa sprouts or pea shoots
- 1 ripe avocado, half smashed for spread, half sliced
- 3 tablespoons Greek yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients for dressing and set aside. Slice cucumber, green pepper, and avocado into strips. Spread half of the goat cheese on one slice of bread. Layer with cucumbers, capsicum, sprouts, red onion and a drizzle of the yoghurt dressing. Top with half of the avocado slices. Add more cracked pepper. Spread smashed avocado to second slice of bread. Repeat with second sandwich.
Join YOURLifeChoices, it’s free
- Receive our daily enewsletter
- Enter competitions
- Comment on articles