Adam Liaw, has delighted us with his recipe for Tuna, Corn and Avocado Salad.
Masterchef winner, Adam Liaw, has delighted us with his recipe for Tuna, Corn and Avocado Salad. It’s fresh, clean and full of ingredients that are both healthy and tasty. The recipe serves four people but even if you are only cooking for yourself, we think it’s always smart to make enough for leftovers.
Time: 20 minutes
- 1 large can (425g) tuna in spring water
- 1 brown or white onion, peeled, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 cup Japanese mayonnaise
- 1 cup unsweetened Greek-style yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice plus extra, to taste
- 4 cobs of corn, kernels stripped
- salt and pepper, to season
- 1/2 head red cabbage, very finely shredded
- 1 carrot, cut into very thin matchsticks
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives, to serve
- freshly ground black pepper, to serve
- 1 avocado, quartered lengthways, to serve
- lemon wedges, to serve
Drain the tuna and mix with the onion, mayonnaise, yoghurt and lemon juice. Stir through the raw corn kernels. Season with salt and pepper to taste and set aside until ready to use. Mix together the cabbage and carrot, arrange them in a bowl or on a plate and season with a bit of salt and pepper and extra lemon juice. Top the cabbage with a generous scoop of the tuna mixture. Scatter with the chives and black pepper and add a thick wedge of avocado. Serve with lemon wedges.
Recipe published by kind permission of Hachette
Adam’s Big Pot, Easy meals for your family by Adam Liaw
Join YOURLifeChoices, it’s free
- Receive our daily enewsletter
- Enter competitions
- Comment on articles