There is no need to serve store-bought dip anymore, with our recipe for Tzatziki Dip.
There is no need to serve store-bought dip anymore with our recipe for Tzatziki Dip and Pita Chips. This snack is perfect for pre-dinner nibbles, weekend BBQs or an afternoon snack.
Time: 30 minutes
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 200g reduced fat natural yoghurt
- 1 garlic clove, very finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint, flat leaf parsley or dill
- 4 large wholemeal pitas, split horizontally and cut into wedges
Chop the cucumber and put in sieve to drain for around 20 minutes. Combine the yoghurt, garlic, oil and vinegar in a bowl and mix well. Stir in the cucumber and mint, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate. To make the pita chips, preheat oven to 180°C. Place the pita wedges on a baking sheet and toast for 10 minutes until golden and crisp. Allow to cool and serve with the dip.
Join YOURLifeChoices, it’s free
- Receive our daily enewsletter
- Enter competitions
- Comment on articles