A healthy and filling option for dinner, this delightful Vegetarian Pie is delicious!
A healthy and filling option for dinner! This delightful Vegetarian Pie is filled with delicious butternut pumpkin and fetta. Serve with a green salad.
Time: 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- 700g butternut pumpkin cut into 3cm chunks
- 3 sheets frozen shortcrust pastry, thawed
- 100g feta cheese
- 2 zucchini, halved lengthways and cut into 3cm pieces
- Olive oil spray
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons water
- A few fresh thyme sprigs, to garnish
- 1 red onion, cut into 3cm pieces
Preheat oven to 190°C. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Spread vegetables on the tray in a single layer and spray with oil. Roast for 25 minutes turning once until tender. Cool. Line two baking trays with non-stick baking paper. Using a bowl as a guide, cut 6cm x 13cm circles from pastry. Crumble feta into middle of each pastry round and top with vegetables leaving a 3cm border around edge. Fold pastry up over vegetables, pleating edges with fingers so it stays in place. Transfer to prepared trays and brush pastry with egg wash. Bake pies for 25-30 minutes until pastry is golden brown. Place on a serving platter and sprinkle with thyme.
Join YOURLifeChoices, it’s free
- Receive our daily enewsletter
- Enter competitions
- Comment on articles