This chicken and vegetable variation on the traditional sausage roll can be a tasty snack, a light lunch or a way to sneak vegetables into your family’s diet.
Time: 1 hour
Read: Cheddar sausage rolls
- 70g wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 500g minced chicken breast
- 2 eggs (1 lightly beaten to glaze pastry)
- 1 zucchini, freshly grated
- 1 carrot, finely grated
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 25g chopped coriander leaves
- 25g chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 4 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- tomato or sweet chilli sauce
Preheat oven to 200°C. Line baking sheets with greaseproof paper. Combine breadcrumbs, chicken and unbeaten egg, preferably in a food processor.
Add vegetables and herbs, then season to taste.
Place half a pastry sheet on a floured board. Spoon mixture lengthways in centre of pastry. Roll into sausage shape, pressing on edge to seal. Repeat until pastry and filling used. Slice into desired size and score two incisions on top of each piece.
Place on baking sheet and chill for 30 minutes. Brush with beaten egg and bake for 25-30 minutes until cooked through. Serve with tomato or sweet chilli sauce as a dip.