13 weird superstitions
13 weird and wonderful superstitions from around the world to put a smile on your face
13 weird and wonderful superstitions from around the world to put a smile on your face in this week’s Friday Funnies.
- A bird in the house is a sign of a death
- A loaf of bread should never be turned upside down after a slice has been cut from it.
- Never take a broom along when you move. Throw it out and buy a new one.
- If the first butterfly you see in the year is white, you will have good luck all year.
- If a black cat walks towards you, it brings good fortune, but if it walks away, it takes the good luck with it.
- It’s bad luck to leave a house through a different door than the one used to come into it.
- If you catch a falling leaf on the first day of autumn you will not catch a cold all winter.
- If a mirror in the house falls and breaks by itself, someone in the house will die soon.
- Dropping an umbrella on the floor means that there will be a murder in the house.
- All windows should be opened at the moment of death so that the soul can leave.
- If a friend gives you a knife, you should give him a coin, or your friendship will soon be broken.
- You should never start a trip on Friday or you will meet misfortune.
- It is bad luck to light three cigarettes with the same match.
Join YOURLifeChoices, it’s free
- Receive our daily enewsletter
- Enter competitions
- Comment on articles