With his eighth child on the way, is it time for Mick Jagger to act his age?
Mick Jagger will very soon be welcoming his eighth child but, at 73 years of age and a great-grandfather to boot, is it time he started dating women his own age?
Old snake hips Mick has never been my cup of tea but thankfully for him, numerous other women have fallen for his charms. And let’s be clear, we’re not talking about Mavis and Mabel from around the corner – these are some of the most beautiful women in the world. His latest conquest, 30-year-old Melanie Hamrick, was at the top of her game in the ballet world and about to star the American Ballet Theatre’s version of Swan Lake. But, as Hamrick has found out – they don't make maternity tutus.
Now, I don't doubt that the expectant mother is delighted at the prospect of bringing her own little prima ballerina into the world, but what about papa Mick? If past reports are to be believed, the idea of being a dad for the eighth time didn't seem to rank highly in Mick’s plans, with the rocker refusing to take the parenthood plunge with his previous girlfriend of 13 years, L’Wren Scott.
But maybe with Melanie, baby number eight will be all he needs to settle down before he turns 80.
Of course, Mick Jagger isn't the only celeb to have bagged himself a much younger, incredibly beautiful woman. Here are 10 relationships that may have raised a few eyebrows:
- Fred Astaire married Robyn Smith in 1980 – she was 45 years his junior
- Clint Eastwood married Dina Ruiz in 1993 – she was 35 years his junior
- Nelson Mandela married Graça Machel on his 80th birthday – she was 27 years younger
- Harrison Ford swept Calista Flockhart down the aisle in 2010 – their age difference is 22 years
- Woody Allen caused controversy when he wed his step-daughter, Soon-Yi Previn, who is 37 years younger than him
- Frank Sinatra married Mia Farrow (incidentally adopted mother to Soon-Yi Previn) with an age difference of 30 years
- John Cleese’s third wife, Jennifer Wade, was 31 years younger than him when they married in 2012
- Rod Stewart is famous for marrying women much younger than he – his current wife Penny Lancaster is 27 years his junior
- Eric Clapton may have lost Carla Bruni to Mick Jagger, but he also managed to snare himself a younger woman, marrying Melia McEnery, 31-years-young, in 2001
- And following in Mick’s footsteps is fellow Rolling Stone Ronnie Wood, 69, who earlier this year welcomed twin daughters with his wife Sally, 38.
So, while mother nature may put an end to women of a certain age bearing children, men, it seems need fear not, with plenty of younger women willing to step into the breach, as they say.
Join YOURLifeChoices, it’s free
- Receive our daily enewsletter
- Enter competitions
- Comment on articles