We need to keep our brains ticking over as we age. How many of these 10 riddles can you solve? The answers are below.
1. Simon was out on a walk when it began to rain. He did not have an umbrella and he wasn’t wearing a hat. His clothes were soaked, but not a single hair on his head got wet. How could this be true?
2. How do you spell COW in 13 letters?
3. Dave walked into a pet shop to find a parrot with a sign on its cage saying, “Parrot will repeat everything it hears.” Excited, he bought the parrot. For two weeks he spoke to the parrot, but it never said a word. Eventually, he returned it to the shopkeeper, who said he never lied about the parrot. How can this be?
4. John had four sons. North, South, East, and? What was the fourth son’s name.
5. A man in a small town had some time to kill, so decided to have his hair cut. There were two barbers in town. The man glanced into the first shop and saw that it was extremely untidy, the barber needed a shave, his clothes were unkempt, and his hair was badly cut. The second shop was very neat, the barber was freshly shaved, he was well dressed, and his hair was neatly trimmed. Why did the man return to the first shop for his haircut?
6. I am black, white and read all over. What am I?
7. What kind of running means walking?
8. What is deaf, dumb and blind but always tells the truth?
9. I can be seen, but I weigh nothing. If you put me in a bucket, I make the bucket lighter. What am I?
10. Sometimes I am born in silence, other times, no. I am unseen, but I make my presence known. In time, I fade without a trace. I harm no-one, but I am unpopular with all. What am I?
1. Simon was bald
2. SEE O DOUBLE YOU
3. The parrot was deaf
4. The son’s name is What
5. Each barber must have cut the other’s hair, so picking the man with the worse cut means he is capable of giving a clean one.
6. A newspaper
7. Running out of petrol
8. A mirror
9. A hole
10. A fart
If you enjoy our content, don’t keep it to yourself. Share our free eNews with your friends and encourage them to sign up.