Autocorrect was surely designed to make people’s lives easier. Unfortunately (or fortunately for us) that’s not always the case.
The feature often makes texting quick and easy by pre-empting the word you want to type from just the first few letters. But when it fails, it can fail hard.
Here is a collection of 21 outrageously funny autocorrect fails from across the internet. Next time you find yourself experiencing an autocorrect tragedy, just know things could have been much worse.
1. Not the best way to break the news.
2. Perhaps not the best choice of movie for a child!
3. You can tell she actually feels bad about this one!
4. Stacey was probably a bit pink after this one.
5. This whole conversation was a thunderstorm.
6. Just a slight mix up.
7. Why do phones just seem to want to distribute bad news?
8. I don’t think he’ll ever live this one down.
9. Just a little different …
10. I don’t think this is a healthy relationship. No matter what he was driving.
11. Is this an autocorrect? Suspicious …
12. I think they might have just come up with a whole new cake flavour! I’m not sure how popular it will be though.
13. This may have been deliberate.
14. Is that a threat or a promise, Gabe?!
15. Flooding or a bird invasion? Which would be better?
16. This gluten-free fad has gone a touch too far if you ask me.
17. This one had to have hurt.
18. Maybe a good way to save money.
19. An interesting way to end a date… Best not to brag about it though.
20. Exactly how grandparents and new phones should go together!
21. Finally, if you get your hands on someone else’s device, autocorrect can be used as a weapon.
Have you ever had an autocorrect fail? What happened? Please share them in the comments section below.
If you enjoy our content, don’t keep it to yourself. Share our free eNews with your friends and encourage them to sign up.