Centrelink Contacts

Mary would like to now how she can limit her time on the phone to Centrelink by contacting the correct department in the first instance.

Q. Mary

When I contact Centrelink I spend most of my time waiting in line, only to be transferred to another department and waiting in line again. I’m sure there’s an easier way to get the information I need quickly, what’s the best way to contact Centrelink?

A. Much of the information you need can be accessed online. Centrelink also have specific telephone numbers for the most commonly contacted departments.

  • Centrelink home page – www.centrelink.gov.au
  • Most of what you will want to know is in the section ‘individuals’. You may find the A-Z Directory on the Centrelink site helpful in quickly finding the information you want.
  • Retirement matters – all general inquiries about the Age Pension, Commonwealth Seniors’ Health Card, Pensioner Concession Card, Financial Information Service, and publications should be directed to 13 23 00.
  • For Centrelink appointments call 13 10 21.
  • Information for non-English speaking persons. Centrelink Multilingual Call can handle your inquiry or provide information in many languages – 13 12 02.
  • Centrelink provides a telephone typewriter (TTY) service for those with a hearing or speech impairment
    For Customer Relations: 1800 000 567.
    For Payment Inquiries: 1800 810 586.
  • For matters relating to disability, illness or injury and carers: 13 27 17
  • Customer Relations Line: For comment, complaint or compliments about Centrelink’s service call 1800 050 004.
  • International Services: For pensions paid overseas, claiming pensions from other countries and those paid under international agreements, call 13 16 73. If you are calling from overseas dial +61 3 6222 3455.

Centrelink Online Services – often the quickest and most efficient way to deal with Centrelink correspondence. Find out how you can access Centrelink’s Online Services.

Written by Debbie McTaggart