As of 1 July 2011 the Carer Supplement of $600 will be paid to those eligible but who will get this supplement?
If you receive one of the following payments on 1 July 2010, you should soon receive the Carer Supplement of $600:
- Carer Allowance Adult
- Carer Allowance Child
- Carer Payment
- Wife Pension (Age) with Carer Allowance
- Wife Pension DSP with Carer Allowance
- Department of Veteran’s Affairs (DVA) Carer Service Pension
- Department of Veteran’s Affairs (DVA) Partner Service Pension with Carer Allowance.
The Carer Supplement is a non-indexed, annual payment of $600.
All Carer Allowance recipients will receive a Carer Supplement up to $600 for each eligible person in their care; therefore carers may receive two or more Carer Supplements. For those receiving a part-rate of Carer Allowance under shared care arrangements a proportion of the Carer Supplement will be paid. The supplement will be paid along with your next Centrelink payment after this date.
Find out more information about the Carer Supplement.
Join YOURLifeChoices, it’s free
- Receive our daily enewsletter
- Enter competitions
- Comment on articles