The end of analog television is less than a month away.
The end of analog television is less than a month away and while many Australians have made the switch to digital, there are some who have yet to install a set top box or replace their old television with a digital version.
The final areas to have the analog signal off are:
- Sydney– 3 December
- Melbourne– 10 December
- Remote Queensland, Torres Strait Islands, Lord Howe Island, remote NT and remote areas in VIC, SA and NSW – 10 December
If you live in an area which hasn’t yet switch to digital and receive an Age Pension, you may be eligible for assistance.
Under the Household Assistance Scheme you may be eligible to receive:
- free high definition set top box
- free installation of set top box by a government contracted installer
- free demonstration on how to use your new equipment
- 12-month warranty on equipment and work carried out in your home, and
- 12 months free technical support.
To be eligible for the scheme, you will need to:
- be unable to access all of the standard high definition digital channels available in your area
- receive the full rate of either the Age Pension, Disability Support Pension, Carer Payment, Department of Veterans' Affairs (DVA) Service Pension or DVA Income Support Supplement
To find out more about assistance available for digital TV switchover, visit Humanservices.gov.au.
To find out if the region you live in has already made the switch, visit Digitalready.gov.au.
Join YOURLifeChoices, it’s free
- Receive our daily enewsletter
- Enter competitions
- Comment on articles