Pension from the UK

YOURLifeChoices subscriber, Gael, is an Australian citizen living in the UK and would like confirmation that he is unable to claim an Australian Age Pension.

Q. Gael
I would be grateful if you could confirm what I understand from Centrelink website that I am unable to claim the age pension as an Australian citizen living in the UK. I was born in Australia, and lived there for 28 years before moving to the UK. I currently receive an English pension, and my age is 64.

A. To qualify for an Australian Age Pension you must be resident in Australia at the time of lodging your claim and meet the residency requirements.

You may already have a copy but you can access the Centrelink Factsheet on claiming an Age Pension by clicking here