Winter is a great excuse to hide those few extra kilos under more layers of clothing but carrying extra weight is not good for your health. Here are five simple weight-loss tips which will help you shed the extra kilos.
Simple weight loss tips:
1. Eat more protein. Commonly found in red meats, leafy greens, nuts and soya products, protein keeps you feeling “full” more than any other ingredient.
2. Try not to eat outside of meal times. Ask yourself “Am I really hungry”. Take a drink of water and if you’re still having hunger pangs, try a low-carb snack such as nuts or fruit.
3. It is essential to drink ample amounts of water. Keep your system flushed and hunger at bay.
4. If and when you start a diet don’t succumb in a moment of weakness and “binge”. Instead, try progressively training your appetite with healthy snacks, such as vegetable sticks and dips as opposed to fast food, chips and cheese.
5. Be sneaky and try to trick yourself. Portion control is essential. When eating in a restaurant, share a large main meal with a friend, and eat slowly and savour your food, to allow your digestive system to help control your appetite. Another trick is using smaller bowls and filling them with a normal or smaller portion, which can help you feel fuller.
Have you battled with the bulge and won? What are your top tips for losing weight?