Accessing podiatry services

Christine is keen to know if there are any subsidised podiatry services available to concession card holders.

Q. Christine

I am wondering if, as I am on the full Age Pension, I can gain access to subsidised podiatry treatment via my pension/senior card? If so, how do I do this?

A. Subsidised podiatry services are available for holders of concession cards, but as the funding for such schemes is managed by state and territory governments, they do vary depending on where you live. There are different eligibility rules and some schemes require a referral or are offered as part of an aged care package.

You can find details of such services by visiting your local community health centre or by asking your GP. 

Written by Debbie McTaggart