Had your fill of bread? Why not try our Chicken and Cashew Lettuce Wraps instead? They’re a tasty and healthy alternative to a boring old sandwich!
Time: 15 minutes
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 400g boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 bunch spring onions, chopped
- 1/2 small can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/4 cup roasted cashews
- 1/2 head of butter lettuce, leaves separated and washed
In a small bowl, mix together the soy sauce and honey. Set aside while you cook your chicken. In a large pan, heat oil over medium high heat, cook the chicken, continuing to stir until chicken browns. Lower the heat to medium and add in the garlic and spring onions and stir. Add in the water chestnuts and the soy sauce mixture and continue to cook until the chicken is cooked through. Remove from the stove and stir in the cashews. Divide the lettuce leaves between two plates and top the leaves with the chicken mixture.