This is such an easy and refreshing dessert, and to keep things even cooler this summer, you won’t even need to turn on your oven.
Ingredients (serves four)
- 1 cup (140 g) brazil nuts
- 1/2 cup (50 g) desiccated coconut
- 1/3 cup (70 g) medjool dates, chopped
- 2/3 cup (90 g) cashews, soaked for 1–2 hours
- 1 medium avocado (about 120 g flesh)
- pinch of salt
- seeds of 1 vanilla bean
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon lime zest, plus extra for decoration
- 2/3 cup (160 ml) lime juice, or a mixture of lime and lemon
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) coconut oil
You will need four individual tartlet pans, preferably loose-bottomed, or one 23 cm pan.
For the base, place all the ingredients in the food processor and blend, until you can pinch the mixture together and it sticks. If it seems too dry, add one or two more dates. Press firmly into the bottom of the tartlet pans, pushing the mixture well into the fluted edges. Chill for at least an hour.
For the filling, blend all the ingredients except the lime juice and coconut oil in a food processor until very smooth and creamy. Melt the coconut oil by placing it in a glass or ceramic bowl, over another bowl of hot water. Gradually add the lime juice and then the coconut oil, with the motor still running. Pour over the crust and chill in the fridge for at least three hours, or in the freezer for an hour.
Sprinkle with lime zest and serve with cashew cream.
Divine Vegan Desserts by Lisa Fabry
Published by Wakefield Press, RRP $24.95