Opt for something a little different this week and try our Sesame and Peanut Noodles. They are a healthy and delicious option that can be enjoyed on a hot summer day.
Time: 30 minutes
- 1 (270g) packet soba noodles
- 2 cups snow peas, strings removed
- 2 tablespoons roasted, unsalted, unsweetened smooth peanut butter or almond butter
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1 tablespoon sesame tahini
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red chilli flakes
- 1 1/2 cups grated carrots
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or very thinly sliced
In a large bowl, mix together peanut butter, vinegar, tamari, tahini, chilli flakes and garlic. Add a little warm water if you need to thin the sauce a bit (it needs to be thin enough to coat the noodles and veggies).
Cook soba noodles according to package directions. In the last minute of cooking, add in the snow peas. Drain thoroughly.
Combine the noodles, vegetables and sauce; toss to coat well. Serve at room temperature or chilled.