This is grab-a-bag cooking. And none the worse for it.
- 240g pre-prepared carrot, cauliflower and broccoli florets in a bag
- 100g cooked roast beef – slices from yesterday’s roast or shop bought, the thinner and rarer the better
- Salt and pepper
- Generous handful of watercress and rocket leaves
- 2 tbsp Fast Day dressing, or any salad dressing you have available (understand that the dressing you choose will affect the calorie count)
- 2 tbsp shaved Parmesan, to serve
Microwave the veg in their bag on full power for three to four minutes. Drizzle the Fast Day dressing over the warm vegetables. Add watercress and rocket, and top with strips of rare roast beef and shavings of fresh Parmesan. Season well with cracked black pepper and serve.
Fast Cook by Mimi Spencer
Allen and Unwin
RRP $24.99 – Buy on Booktopia for $19.99