This delicious gluten-free Coffee and Hazelnut Cake is the perfect accompaniment for any afternoon tea. Try our recipe and impress your guests with this lovely dessert.
Time: 1.25 hrs
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 200g hazelnut meal
- 2/3 cup gluten-free plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- 2 1/2 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 200 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon coffee liqueur
- 1 cup thickened cream, whipped
- 1 1/2 tablespoon hazelnuts, chopped, toasted
- 20g gluten-free dark chocolate, shaved
Preheat the oven to 170°C and grease and line the base and sides of a round spring form pan with baking paper.
Beat the eggs and sugar in a bowl for about 10 minutes or until light and fluffy. Set aside.
Put the hazelnut meal in a separate large bowl. Sift over the plain flour and baking powder and whisk to combine well. Set aside.
Whisk the coffee with 1/4 cup water in a small jug until dissolved.
Pour the olive oil into the egg mixture and combine before gently folding in the hazelnut mixture. Stir through the coffee mixture until well combined and pour into the prepared pan.
Bake for 50 minutes and leave to stand in the pan on a wire rack for a further five minutes.
Remove sides of pan and set aside to cool.
Whisk the liqueur through whipped cream. Chill until ready to serve.
Top the cake with coffee cream and sprinkle with the chopped hazelnuts and chocolate.
Serve and enjoy.