- 6 sheets frozen puff pastry
- 4 tablespoons custard powder
- 4 tablespoons caster sugar
- 800 ml cream
- Zest of 1 orange
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- Icing sugar and/or cinnamon to dust
Preheat your oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
Cut each sheet of the puff pastry into 10cm circles and place in a 1/2 cup muffin pan and refrigerate.
Meanwhile, in a bowl stir the custard powder, sugar and 1/2 cup cream until smooth. Add the zest and essence.
Bring remaining cream to boil in a saucepan, then stir into the custard mixture over a low heat for around two minutes until thickened.
Cool for five minutes, then pour into the prepared cases. Bake for 15 minutes.
Dust with icing sugar and/or cinnamon to serve.