Our Basil and Thai Chicken is packed with healthy sugar peas, cashew nuts and capsicum and is ideal served with steamed jasmine rice or noodles. It is ready in just 25 minutes.
Time: 25 minutes
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 10 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- A handful of basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup cashew nuts
- 1/2 cup sugar peas, sliced diagonally into 1cm pieces
- Toss the chicken in flour, then fry in oil with the garlic. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Stir fry the onion and shallots until the onion is transparent.
- Mix the oyster sauce, sugar and soy sauce together. Pour over the onion mixture and stir in the chicken, sugar peas, basil and cashews.
Today's Chicken, Basil and Rocket Salad is a fresh, light and easy dinner.