Keep your dinner healthy and light with our Poached Chicken Salad. Easy to make and packed full of goodness, this recipe is a great one to have in your cooking repertoire.
Time: 40 minutes
- 1 (200g) chicken breast fillet
- 1/2 cup whole-egg mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plain Greek-style yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon mango chutney
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- 2 baby cos lettuce hearts leaves separated
- 2 medium nectarines cut into wedges
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup flaked almonds, toasted
Place chicken in a large saucepan. Cover with cold water, bring to the boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low and cover, simmer for five minutes or until almost cooked through. Remove from heat and let stand for five minutes. Remove chicken from pan and leave to cool. Once cooled, slice. Combine mayonnaise, yoghurt, chutney, curry powder and chives in a bowl. Arrange lettuce leaves, nectarine, cucumber and chicken on a large plate. Drizzle with dressing. Sprinkle with almonds and serve.