Try our yummy Italian inspired Caprese Chicken. With thick slices of fresh buffalo mozzarella, halved cherry tomatoes and basil, this it’s healthy and tasty.
Time: 20 minutes
- 2 skinless chicken breasts
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 5 large basil leaves, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup fresh buffalo mozzarella, sliced in 1/2-inch-thick slices
- balsamic vinegar, to taste
Season the chicken breasts. In a large pan over medium-high heat, add the chicken and cook for 10 minutes. Turn the chicken over and continue to cook until cooked thoroughly. While chicken is cooking, in another pan, add garlic and cook for about one minute. Add tomatoes and continue sautéing until the tomato skin starts to soften, about five minutes. Remove from heat and stir in basil. Set aside. Once chicken has cooked, top each chicken breast with two slices of mozzarella. Pour tomato mixture on top. Cover pan with lid and let the mozzarella melt, about one to two minutes. Drizzle with a splash of balsamic vinegar and serve immediately.