Warm and comforting, like a hug, our Creamy Tuna-Noodle Casserole is soul-satisfying. As the evenings get cooler in Autumn, it is exactly what the body needs.
Serves: Two to three
Time: 45 minutes
- 2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 small cans light tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
Preheat oven to 180°C. Cook noodles according to package directions. While noodles are cooking, combine the soup, sour cream, cheese, milk and salt in a large bowl. Stir in the tuna, onion and peppers. Add the noodles and peas and toss to combine. Pout into a large baking dish and in a smaller bowl; toss the breadcrumbs with melted butter. Sprinkle the topping over the top and bake uncovered for half an hour.