Don’t know what to cook for dinner tonight? This low-calorie, hearty egg frittata makes a satisfying dinner when served with a simple salad and is both easy and healthy.
Time: 35 minutes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 small potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 9 large eggs
- Salt and black pepper
- 250 grams of package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed of excess liquid
- 1 cup of grated cheddar cheese
- 300 grams thinly sliced deli ham
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 head red leaf lettuce, torn into small pieces
Preheat oven to 200° C. Heat two tablespoons of the oil in a large ovenproof pan over medium heat. Add the potatoes and onion and cook, tossing occasionally, until the potatoes are tender.
In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Then mix in the spinach, cheese and ham. Add the egg mixture to the pan, stir once, and transfer the pan to the oven. Cook until the eggs are set, which will take about 12 to 14 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the vinegar, mustard, the remaining tablespoon of oil, and 1/ 4 teaspoon of salt and pepper. Add the lettuce and toss to coat. Serve with the frittata and enjoy.