There is nothing better than a beautiful piece of pork steak and some yummy mash. Perfect for one, by swapping the potato for sweet potato, our recipe is made even healthier. Add steamed vegetables to complete the dish.
Time 30 minutes
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Tuscan seasoning
- 5 dried apricots, roughly chopped
- 4 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon apricot jam
- teaspoon reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 pork steak (125g), trimmed
- cooking oil spray
- 100 grams fresh or frozen vegetables, steamed
Boil sweet potato until tender and then drain. Add 1/2 tablespoon Tuscan seasoning and mash. Keep warm while you place apricots, orange juice, jam, soy sauce and three tablespoons water into a small saucepan. Warm over low heat, until jam has just melted. Transfer to a food processor and purée until smooth. Sprinkle pork with remaining Tuscan seasoning. Spray a frying pan with oil and cook for three minutes each side, until cooked to your liking. Top with sauce and serve with mash and steamed vegetables.