Burgers are the ultimate in comfort food but, while absolutely delicious, the Vegas Victory Burger is a healthier option. Use low-fat cheese if you are watching your waistline.
Ingredients (makes two)
- 200 g beef mince
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cheese slices
- 2 hamburger buns, halved, toasted
- 1/2 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 teaspoons American-style mustard
- 2 gherkins, thinly sliced
- 1 spring onion, trimmed, finely chopped
Preheat your oven to 160°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
Mix the mince, breadcrumbs, worcestershire sauce and half the tomato sauce in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper, then half the mixture and roll into two patties.
Heat oil in a frying pan and cook the patties for five minutes each side or until cooked through. Place on the baking tray and top with a slice of cheese. Bake for three minutes or until the cheese has melted.
Assemble the burgers by placing the lettuce on the rolls, then top with the patties, mustard, gherkins, onion, remaining tomato sauce. Serve hot.