With spring vegetables fresh and in season, there’s no better time to try our delicious Spring Vegetable Stir-fry for One.
- 1/4 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 carrot, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 stick celery, cut into fine strips
- 1/2 capsicums (any colour) sliced
- 2 button, small brown or shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup of broccoli, cut into florets
- 1/4 cup snow peas
- 1/2 cup Chinese cabbage, shredded
- 1 bunch bok choy, trimmed
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- 1/4 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/4 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 tablespoon grated ginger
Heat the olive oil in a large wok and, over a high heat, sweat the onion, garlic and ginger. Add all the veggies (except the bok choy and spring onions) and stir-fry with a little water for about a minute to ‘steam’ the veggies. Add the sauces and sesame oil, stir, and turn off the heat. Throw in the bok choy and cover the wok for one minute to allow the greens to wilt. Garnish with spring onions and coriander, and serve on noodles.
For a heartier dish, you can add beef or chicken at the same time as the onions.