If you’ve ever looked at all those tasty dishes at the deli counter but never quite known what to do with them, this delicious Antipasto Cob is great to share with friends for lunch or to take on a picnic while the weather’s still warm.
- 300g sweet potato, cut into 5mm slices
- 150g zucchini, cut into 5mm slices
- 250g ricotta
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, chopped
- 20-23cm round cob loaf
- 190g jar sun-dried tomato pesto
- 300g jar chargrilled red capsicum strips
- 250g jar chargrilled eggplant
- 100g rocket or spinach leaves
Place sweet potato and zucchini on a greased baking tray and bake at 200°C for 10 minutes. Turn over and cook for a further 10 minutes.
In a bowl, combine the cheeses and basil, season with salt and pepper.
Cut a 2cm thick lid from the cob. Remove the interior bread leaving a 2cm thick shell. Spread the pesto inside the shell and on the lid. Layer the sweet potato, capsicum, zucchini, cheese mixture, eggplant and rocket.
Top with the lid and wrap tightly in Gladwrap. Place on a tray, then place another tray holding several heavy cans on top. Refrigerate overnight.
Remove from fridge, slice and serve with a light salad and a glass of crisp Chardonnay.