Pasta can be boring, but that’s not the case with our Pea, Bacon and Feta Pasta. With a dash of chilli – it’s full of savoury flavours that’ll make you want to go back for more.
Time: 15 minutes
- 190g orecchiette pasta
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 80g shortcut bacon rashers, trimmed and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 long red chilli, thinly sliced
- 40g marinated feta, plus 1 tablespoon marinating oil
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
Cook the pasta following the packet directions. Add the peas two minutes before the pasta is cooked. Drain the pasta/peas and set aside.
In a large, deep frying pan, heat the olive oil and then add the bacon and garlic and cook until golden – about four minutes. Add the chilli and cook for a further minute. Add the pasta, crumbled feta, marinating oil and mint to the pan. Toss to combine and serve.