This delicious Vegetable Spaghetti dish is a fresh and healthy family dinner option. In less than 30 minutes this healthy and yummy pasta will warm up the whole family and keep you going through the winter months.
- 450g spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium corn cobs, husks removed, kernels cut from cob
- 1 red capsicum julienned into 2mm strips
- 2 medium zucchini (250g), green skin only, julienned into 2mm strips
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 250g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped, plus extra leaves for garnish
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, extra, to serve
Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil and cook pasta.
When the pasta is about five minutes from being al dente, heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat.Add the corn and capsicum and cook for two minutes. Add the zucchini and garlic and cook for a further two minutes. Add the tomatoes and mix, season to taste with salt and pepper.
Drain the pasta and add to the pan of vegetables and stir well. Add the basil, lemon juice, half the parmesan and season to taste with salt and pepper.
To serve, swirl a quarter of the pasta and vegetable mixture into a high mound in the centre of a pasta bowl. Serve any vegetables left in the pan over each bowl of pasta and garnish with parmesan and basil leaves.