A good Caesar has Parmesan, bacon and croutons – happily, our version meets this standard. You could even add two boiled eggs or a poached chicken breast for something more filling.
Time: 10 minutes
- 1/2 clove garlic, finely chopped
- pinch salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 slices bacon, cooked to a crisp and crumbled
- 1/2 large head romaine lettuce, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup toasted bread cubes
- 1/2 tablespoon freshly grated Parmesan cheese
In a large salad bowl, add the garlic, salt, mustard, mayonnaise, lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce, and mix well. Add bacon, lettuce, bread cubes and Parmesan. Toss well and serve immediately, or keep in the fridge until needed.