Loaded with flavour and fresh ingredients, this delicious Chorizo and Asparagus Salad will be a great accompaniment for your BBQ this weekend.
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2cm cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut into 3cm lengths
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 chorizo sausages, halved and sliced on an angle
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1 cup rocket, roughly chopped
- Finely grated zest and juice of one lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Chilli powder
Preheat the oven to 200°C.
Place the sweet potato in a baking dish with one tablespoon of oil and salt and pepper. Bake for 35-40 minutes, then set aside to cool.
Heat the remaining oil in a pan and cook asparagus for 2-3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and lemon juice. Transfer to a bowl.
Cook the chorizo sausage for 3-4 minutes. Drain on a paper towel. Add to the asparagus with the sweet potato, spring onion, parsley and rocket.
Mix all the ingredients for the dressing together and toss through the salad before serving.