Andreas Donnerbauer, Executive Chef of the Sydney Harbour Marriott shares with us this tasty spring recipe.
500g green baby peas(frozen or fresh, well fresh is best)
1 onion, white, diced very fine
1 clove garlic, chopped very fine
25ml olive oil
200ml dry white wine
1litre vegetable stock
1 spring lemon thyme
250g blue swimmer crab meat
1 spring onion, chopped fine
1 red capsicum, diced very fine
1 lime, juiced
1 punnet pea shoots as garnish
Sea salt and pepper for seasoning
• In a large pot heat the olive oil over medium heat and start sweating off the onions and the garlic.
• Cook till transparent then add the green peas and give it a quick sauté. Deglace with white wine and add the herbs.
• Add the vegetable stock and let cook on medium heat till the peas are soft, then remove the herbs and strain peas into sieve. Retain the liquid. Refresh
the peas in ice water to retain their green colour.
• Pass peas into blender and mix with a little bit of stock to the consistency needed. When all peas are mixed, strain through sieve into a pot and put
back onto stove.
• Add the cream and season to taste.
• For the crab salad, add the crab meat, spring onion, capsicum and lime juice together and season to taste.
• Place the hot soup into a soup bowl, place crab salad in the middle and garnish with some pea shoots.