A fun fish twist on the classic kebab. These flavours also work really well with chicken, tofu or prawns, so it’s a versatile little recipe!
Serves 2 – Prep time: 20 minutes – Cooking time: 5 minutes – Great for dinner
- 200g white fish fillets, skin and bones removed, cut into 2cm chunks
- 200g Atlantic salmon fillets, skin and bones removed, cut into 2cm chunks
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon finely grated ginger
- Olive oil spray
- 70g baby spinach leaves
- 1 celery stalk, leaves on, sliced
- Combine the white fish, salmon, lemon zest, onion, dill, garlic and ginger in a large bowl. Season well with freshly ground black pepper and toss to combine.
- Thread the white fish and salmon alternately onto four skewers.
- Heat a chargrill pan over medium-high heat. Lightly spray the skewers with olive oil and cook for 5 minutes, turning often, until the fish is lightly golden and cooked through. (Alternatively, cook on a foil-lined baking tray under a hot grill for 8–10 minutes.)
- Meanwhile, toss the spinach leaves, celery and celery leaves in a bowl.
- Divide the salad between plates, add the skewers and finish with a squeeze of lemon juice.
Tip: If you are using wooden or bamboo skewers, soak them in cold water for 15 minutes before threading the fish on, to prevent them burning during cooking. A handful of fresh rocket would be a delicious addition to the salad mix.
Nutritional Information (per serve)
- Calories 323
- Protein 38.7g
- Fat Total 16.0g
- Fat Saturated 4.3g
- Carbohydrates 4.6g
- Sugars 3.3g
- Sodium 103.3mg
- Dietary Fibre 3.6g
Low-carb Solution by Michelle Bridges, published by Macmillan Australia, RRP $36.99.
If you enjoy our content, don’t keep it to yourself. Share our free eNews with your friends and encourage them to sign up.