This recipe for Spicy Grated Salad is from Luke Hines and Scott Gooding’s book Clean Living Quick and Easy. It’s simple to prepare and if you want to add some protein, the authors suggest topping the salad with poached chicken or salmon.
Time: 20 minutes
- 1 1/2 carrots, peeled
- 1 1/2 small zucchini
- 1 small to medium beetroot, peeled
- 1/2 red capsicum, finely julienned
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup toasted, walnuts, crushed
- 1/2 cup avocado oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 long red chillies, finely chopped
- pinch of sea salt
- Grate the carrots, zucchini and beetroot and combine in a bowl with the capsicum and red onion. Mix well and set aside while you make the dressing.
- In a bowl, whisk together the avocado oil, apple cider vinegar, finely chopped chillies and sea salt.Pour the dressing over the salad mix and combine well.
- Serve your salad topped with the crushed walnuts.
Recipe published by kind permission of Hachette
Clean Living Quick and Easy by Luke Hines and Scott Gooding