This hearty steak and potato salad is a beautiful and colourful meal for dinner or lunch. It serves two, however, it can easily be doubled for any extra guests.
Time: 40 minutes
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic, mashed into a paste
- 230 grams sirloin steak, trimmed
- 3/4 pound small purple potatoes, scrubbed
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 large radish, sliced
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander
Mix lime juice, chilli powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt and garlic in a small bowl to form a paste; rub onto both sides of steak. Refrigerate the steak. Place potatoes in a large pot, cover with water and bring to a boil over high heat. While the potatoes cool, preheat pan over medium-high heat. Oil the pan and cook the steak to your liking. Let rest for five minutes, and then cut into 2cm thick slices. Whisk vinegar, oil, cumin, pepper and remaining salt in a large bowl. Add the steak with potatoes, radish, spring onions and coriander and gently toss to coat.