The perfect summer soup is light and full of quick-cooking, fresh and seasonal vegetables. Our hearty Summer Corn and White Bean Soup ticks all the boxes with its beans, spicy green chillies, ham and crunchy sweet corn.
Time: 15 minutes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- 3/4 cup chopped ham, cooked
- 3 cups fresh corn kernels
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cans navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans fat-free, low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 chopped green chillies
Heat canola oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and ham, and cook for three minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in corn and remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for five minutes. Serve with crusty bread.