You can tell if it’s a good Greek salad because it gives off a fresh, sweet aroma, from the combination of zingy red onion, crumbly feta cheese, Kalamata olives, fresh cucumber and juicy tomatoes. Not only is this Greek salad healthy and easy to prepare, it makes the perfect accompaniment to your main protein course.
To make this a hearty meal in itself, you could add your choice of protein – chicken, lamb or chickpeas.
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 11/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 16 Kalamata olives
- 3 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1/4 red onion, sliced into rings
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced into thick half-moons
- 1/2 green pepper (capsicum), julienned
- 120g feta cheese, cut into small cubes
Prepare the vegetables and feta and leave to the side.
Place the lemon juice, salt, pepper, olive oil and oregano in a small jar with a screw-top lid and shake well.
Next, put the salad ingredients into a large bowl. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to combine just before serving. Garnish with a lemon wedge and freshly ground black pepper.