What you need to know to make the most of your retirement savings.
The new year offers new opportunities and, undoubtedly, fresh challenges. Today’s December issue of the Retirement Affordability Index™, is a ‘survival guide’ that aims to help you – in the words of a very well-known movement – be prepared.
Sponsored by Challenger, it looks at the anticipated pressure points in 2019 for each of the retirement tribes – the Affluent, Constrained and Cash-Strapped Couples and Singles. Forewarned is forearmed.
It also identifies the areas of opportunity where you can save – or make money. Whatever happens in this federal election year, we’ve got you covered. In this essential guide for all older Australians:
• financial adviser Emmett Wilkinson explains the myths, risks and straight-out untruths about retirement
• the Australia Institute senior economist Matt Grudnoff reveals where your money went in 2018 and the areas of expenditure under pressure in 2019
• we share the outlook for each of the retirement tribes in 2019, as analysed by AMP chief economist Shane Oliver, Per Capita’s Myfan Jordan and Benevolent Society campaigner Joel Pringle
• we explain how you can stretch the spending power of your household
• we outline 10 creative ways to make extra cash without leaving home
• we update all weekly, monthly and annual costs in key categories of expenditure for the six retirement tribes in the June quarter, and supply a budget planner to help you keep track of your household costs
• and, finally, we keep you up-to-date on the latest government changes that may have a big effect on your retirement income.
So get settled, grab a cup of tea or coffee and allow us to help get your 2019 off to a flying start. It's ready for you now in ebook format or to download in PDF format.