Recently, I was on YouTube trying to listen to lectures on art theory and a bunch of other travel talks, but I never seemed to be able to sit in front of my computer long enough to get through a video, let alone the whole series.
I thought to myself, "surely there's a way I can listen to these lectures while I'm on the train, without using valuable 4G mobile data".
So, I did a little digging and found this awesome app, aptly named YouTube to MP3.
It’s so easy to use:
- find the copyright free song, talk, movie or content you’d like to download
- copy the link from the browser address field (you know, the ‘www.’ area?)
- on the YouTube to MP3 app, click ‘Paste Link’ (where the big + sign is)
- click download/start (where the downwards facing arrow is on the right hand side).
The audio track from the YouTube movie will now download as an MP3 to a folder on your computer desktop called ‘youtube music’.
Now you can listen to this file on your favourite audio player, such as iTunes, VLC, QuickTime or the Windows Player. Save it to your smartphone and listen anytime!
It’s great for copying podcasts, lectures and video tutorials, so you can learn on the run, as well as any copyright free music.
PS: If you don’t want to download and install the YouTube to MP3 tool, you can use this handy online tool instead!
Join YOURLifeChoices, it’s free
- Receive our daily enewsletter
- Enter competitions
- Comment on articles