Apple is expected to unveil the new iPhone 5s at an event on 10 September.
According to technology website AllThingsD, Apple is set to unveil the new iPhone 5s and a new product made out of significantly less expensive materials named the iPhone 5c, aimed at the lower end of the smartphone market.
The launch event, anticipated to be held on 10 September, comes almost one year after the iPhone 5 went on sale and is expected to provide iPhone users with significant upgrades.
Speculation around the device includes, but isn’t limited to, the following list.
- Faster processor (a fair assumption)
- Longer battery life (new battery cell breakthroughs make this almost a certainty)
- Upgraded camera (judging by Apple’s recent advertising, this is a high probability)
- Fingerprint security (Apple purchased a fingerprint security company last year so this could very well tie-in, although I would expect this to be saved for the iPhone 6)
- Larger screen (while this rumour has been floating around, the iPhone 5s will maintain the current dimensions, while the iPhone 6 should receive a size increase)
Is your smartphone contract coming to an end soon? Would any of the above features interest you in upgrading your phone?
Join YOURLifeChoices, it’s free
- Receive our daily enewsletter
- Enter competitions
- Comment on articles