From fun to functional, these new iPhone and iPad features will soon be available through Apple’s iOS 10.
iOS 10 is expected to launch mid-September, and will coincide with the release of the next iPhone. As with previous iOS updates, it will be free for all users with compatible devices. Read on to see some of the great new features you’ll soon be able to access.
Apple leads the way when it comes to ease of access and accessibility on smart devices, and iOS 10 is no exception.
- The new Magnifier feature, which can be accessed at any time by triple-clicking the Home button, allows you to use your device’s camera to magnify printed text . It’s perfect for reading small text, such as the fine print on medicines.
- Colour-blind users will be able to optimise their device’s displays to match their vision.
- People with dyslexia will have access to improvements that will make it easier to catch typing mistakes.
There are plenty of fun new features for iMessage.
- Write on your screen using your finger and you’ll be able to send it to your friends as an animation that shows you writing the message.
- Certain messages, such as “Happy Birthday!” or “Congratulations” will activate animations that fill your screen with, for example, birthday balloons.
- Invisible ink messages allow you to write a message or send a photo that will be hidden until your recipient swipes over it.
- Stickers are now available, which will enable you to send fun pictures within your messages – sort of like emojis but bigger, better and with more variety.
- Siri is now available for any app, so the very long list of what she can do for you is going to become even longer.
- ‘Slide to Unlock’ is no more. With iOS 10, you’ll have to press the home button to unlock your device.
- Search through your personal photos by simply typing what you’re looking for, such as ‘beach’ or ‘dog’.
- Apple Maps has plenty of new features including the ability to make restaurant bookings or to look for petrol stations or food options that won’t take you too far off your path.
iOS 10 will be available for the following devices:
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 5s
- iPhone 5c
- iPhone 5
- iPad Pro (12.9-inch)
- iPad Pro (9.7-inch)
- iPad Air 2
- iPad Air
- iPad (4th generation)
- iPad mini 4
- iPad mini 3
- iPad mini 2
- iPod touch (6th generation)
Read more on Apple’s website.
Which features are you the most excited for?