Skytrax has revealed the top 10 independent airport lounges and one is Australian.
The experts when it comes to all things airlines, Skytrax is best known for its quality rankings and reviews. Recently it released a list of the top 10 independent airport lounges.
Often referred to as ‘the Oscars of the aviation industry’, Skytrax’s World Airport Awards are decided by votes from travellers taking part in the world’s largest passenger satisfaction survey each year. The 2017 results showed customers voting Plaza Premium Lounge at London Heathrow (terminal two) as the world’s best independent airport lounge. Plaza Premium dominated the top 10, with four of its lounges making the list.
One Australian lounge also made the cut – Brisbane’s Plaza Premium Lounge snuck in in tenth position.
The full top 10 best independent airport lounges for 2017 are:
1. Plaza Premium Lounge – T2 London, Heathrow
2. Centurion Lounge – London, Gatwick
3. Plaza Premium Lounge – Hong Kong
4. Centurion Lounge – Dallas, Fort Worth
5. SATS Premier – T1 Singapore
6. Aspire by Swissport – T3 London, Heathrow
7. Plaza Premium Lounge – Vancouver International Airport
8. Dnata Lounge – T1 Singapore
9. Centurion Lounge – Las Vegas
10. Plaza Premium Lounge – Brisbane
In other Heathrow-related news, the largest London airport has announced plans to open a wellness and fitness studio. A world first for an airport, FlyFit will open late 2017, offering passengers instructor-led and interactive strength, restorative yoga, and cardio classes.
It will have shower facilities, healthy food and the ability to rent workout clothing. If FlyFit succeeds, you can expect to see more fitness studios in other terminals and airports.
Have you been to any of the world’s best independent airport lounges? Which is the best lounge you’ve experienced? What do you think of the concept of a fitness studio in an airport? Would you go to the gym while in transit?
Join YOURLifeChoices, it’s free
- Receive our daily enewsletter
- Enter competitions
- Comment on articles